Anyone apply 8.98.4.1 yet?

DMiller

Are there any brave souls out in JDE land that have actually applied 8.98.4.1 yet?

If so... what kind of issues have you seen or are there any gotchas to watch out for?

Thanks in advance!!!

E1 Release - 8.11 SP1
Current Tools Release - 8.95_N1
Just applied 8.98.3 but having copy/paste issues in the grid
DataBase - Oracle running on on IBM AIX boxes
WebSphere 7.0

Well we started to, but the first thing that broke was the security set up for Server Manager, so we didn't get any further, went back to 8.98.3.3. Still waiting on Oracle for that.

I upgraded a pathcode for a customer without any issues. The TR has some very slick new features. However beyond looking at some of the new features, they have not had a chance to perform any extensive testing yet.

We are attempting to upgrade our JDE tools from 8.98.1 to 8.98.4. Our DSI is at 5.0.2.5. We upgraded our JDE test environment and the effect on DSI was... not positive... COM time out issues quadrupled, and started reeived XML Response errors, plus some really strange errors that I couldn't explain... I placed a call to DSI support and they informed me that they were working on a known problem with Oracle regarding this tools release 8.98.4. DSI's recommendation was to upgrade only to version 3 until bug found and fixed. I have been trying to get additional details on this from Oracle but no luck so far... it involves the XML Function Caller...

turtels -
Please contact me as I'd like to find out some more about this issue you are seeing, get your service request # from Oracle, and learn about the specifics of your environment.

We applied 8.98.4.1 but are running on DSI version 4.2.5 and are not having any issues with our testing. DSI is telling us, however, that they will not support us if we stay on this tools release. So I will be opening a new ticket with Oracle but would also love to reference your open one as well.

Thanks!!!

We are in the same boat as DMiller but have yet to commence the dcLink portion of our testing as we have been waiting out the uploading of the 1700+ SARS for EnterpriseOne 9.0 to finish.

E1 8.10 ---> E1 9.0
IE8
Tools 8.98.4.1
Windows 2000R2
SQL Server 2005

I contacted our account rep at DSI regarding the XML issue and they confirmed it is an issue and will not support the 8.98.4.x release yet. They did say that the fix is supposed to be in 8.98.4.2 which is due at the end of the month.

Just to update everyone on this posting... I received this e-mail from DSI Global Support:

"This is in regard to questions and issues submitted concerning Oracle Tools set 8.98.4.0 or 8.98.4.1. This issue presents itself as communication timeouts to dcLINK TranCollector clients first, followed by slowing performance of all EnterpriseOne client interfaces, and finally crashing of multiple Call Object Kernel (COK) processes on the Enterprise or Application Server. This issue will not be readily apparent on systems with very low volume, but will occur very quickly on systems with medium or moderate XML workload. This is not a dcLINK issue. It occurs whether the XML workload is produced by dcLINK or by other applications that utilize XML Interoperability communication.

DSI Client Services has replicated the issue within our lab environment. We engaged with the Oracle EnterpriseOne tools development team, who with our assistance replicated the issue in their environment without dcLINK being involved, utilizing the E1 XML Sample Application. They discovered a minor code issue that had to do with the way the COK was handling XML transactions that returned an error. This was causing the COK to generate an exception error and abnormally end. Oracle tools development team developed a code fix that they believed would fix the issue and delivered it to DSI for testing. DSI Client Services tested this fix and determined it resolved the issue.

Oracle will be providing the fixed code in the 8.98.4.2 release of the EnterpriseOne Tools code, which is due out at the end of February 2011. Oracle will also be making the fix available to clients that have recently upgraded to the 8.98.4.0 or 8.98.4.1 tools as a Proof of Concept (POC) patch. Clients who wish to receive this POC must open a Service Request (SR) with Oracle, reference SR 3-2744963161, and request the XML Interoperability POC."

So... there is a fix!

Overall since we have applied 8.98.4.1 and with our testing so far... we are finding the tools release to be pretty awesome and the functionality contained within it is AWESOME especially the grid formatting!

We are facing a strange issue with 8984.1
Applied this last week, and guess this broke something with RDA. This is the description i got from the developer
"While putting any Business view field on the report its property gets changed to Date format"

What i noticed was that, for the item if i change any property and click OK the description shows up.

I reverted to the previous TL (8983.3) and the issue was resolved. Thinking of logging a call. Anyone else with the same issue?

I have seen the same behavior and had a call open on this.
They have a POC available that fix the RDA issue.

Look for this article on the KB.
E1: RDA: Issues with Business View fields or Data Sequencing After Upgrade to Tools Release 8.98.4 [ID 1291982.1]

Back