Data Access Studio

emayhand

Hello,

I am a JDE newbie and apologize if this topic has already been addressed elsewhere. Does anyone have any experience using Data Access Studio for reporting over E1? It looks like a really neat tool that addresses and expands upon the limitations of the Databrowser. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Before buying DAS I suggest you download the trial versions of:
1) eXtreme Table Browser
2) OW Info
and take them for a ride. All three have many different functionalities.
Then decide your purchase based on what you discover / need.

I've been using this for the last four months and I can say with conviction that its a fantastic product.

Its a proper reporting solution with significantly less overhead for administration and setup than something like Crystal Reports.

Support is top notch and its integration to excel makes sense. Uses JDE security and does a lot of things in a smart way that requires less administration.

Users who are non technical have been writing their own reports, which is really the holy grail of reporting..

Malcolm

And to throw another solution in the pile I would recommend looking at Reports Now. It also uses JDE security, has a built in scheduler so users can schedule their own reports to run and have them sent to them in various formats, very easy to administer, etc. More info at http://www.reportsnow.com

Saw the demo - looks pretty good. Curiosity question though - coukldn't see anything regarding platform/database support. Is this a AS/400 only product?

Larry, I am on a very large 9.0 implementation project implementing Insight as their reporting tool against Oracle 11g on Oracle Linux.

We have been using DAS for a couple years now off an Oracle database (Windows Servers) and our users have been very impressed.

Dave

DAS is great for viewing/querying single tables and allows you to set up joins (simple, left, right) and even suggests likely joins for many tables. It also lets you open JDE views, however one glitch I found is that it cannot deal with "UNION" type views (e.g. F06116 UNION F0618 to query timecard info).

We just started using Insight and the finance people LOVE it. It is really geared for producing nicely formatted, complex reports, especially finance reports, however not all tables are available in the version we are using.

Also the licencing for DAS is concurrent users, whereas Insight is named users.

Doug

Back