OAS 10.1.3 and Web Cache 10.1.2.0.2 Installation

owlearner

Hello All,

I am currently upgrading the tools release from 8.96 to 8.98.X.X. Need help in configuring the Web Cache as part of the installation and could you please share your experiences and documents if any with windows/intel box.

Thanks in Advance

Aftab

Hi Aftab,
You can refer the JDE HTML Webserver reference guide for any tools release for configuring webcache.
For webcache you have to install the OAS 10gR2, as webcache is a part of OAS 10gR2 Infrastructure tier.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
--
Ankur Mahendra

Hello Ankur,

I have installed the OAS 10.1.3.1 and Web cache from 10.1.2.0.2.

Is it possisble to share the configuration document of OAS on windows boxes? Any issues with loadbalancing with 8.98?

Thanks

Aftab

Hi Aftab,
Please find the attached guide and there is no issue with loadbalancing with 8.98 tools release.

Regards,
Ankur Mahendra

Aftab,

Don't know why do you want to use WebCache as load balancing. I would suggest you not to use WebCache instead use OAS built in load balancing. Using Web Cache potentially could cause some issues as well as you have overhead of managing an other component.

We are running OAS built in load balancing and it works like a charm. Its not a intelligent balancing but a simple round roubin algorithm.
Sanjiv

Hello Sanjeev,

Does it require to install Infrastructure to configure loadbalancing on OAS? Is it possible to share the installation steps followed at your site? did you install web cache for performace?

Best Regards

Aftab

Hello Ankur,

thanks for the update. i could not download the attached document could you please place it again?

can i have you email id please?

Best Regards

Aftab

Hi aftab,
You can contact me at [email protected]
And regarding OAS guide, you can download JAS install guide from support.oracle.com, in all the guides you will get these steps.
regards,
-
Ankur

Follow the attached guide for OAS clustering and loadbalancing...

We don't use WebCache.

Hello Sanjeev,

How is the performance of OAS without web cache? what is your user load?

Thanks

Aftab

Hello Sanjeev,

How is the web server performance without web cache? having webcache makes any major difference on performance?

Thanks

Aftab

Back