JDE CNC Certification Program from Oracle now available

Hey Ice_cube210, I can't decide if this is a good or bad thing. When Microsoft certifications came about to compete with Novell, suddenly everyone was certified! On the other hand, I guess (without having seen the exam) this will prove that the person certified can read or attend a class...
ooo.gif

I also noticed that it's a partner program, not designed for client CNCs....

From the looks at the topic areas, an experienced (8 years and up) CNC who has worked with 9.0 should be able to pass without any major prep work. A CNC wannabe would have to take a lot of classes and do a lot of studying for that exam.

I took the beta, which was a lot more than 64 questions, think it was like 150 or 200...what's up with that!! I passed it fine w/out any studying...I've been working with JDE CNC for roughly 10 years now. I'm not a great test taker either and I regularly refer back to my document hoard in my day to day job, so I don't think it is that hard of a test for someone that actually does work with CNC. The only topics I missed questions on were related to the not so commonly used pieces of JDE...things I would have to go to documentation or the support site anyways most likely...OR questions where to me, it looked like there could have been more than 1 correct answer and they were only asking for 1.

Anyways, guess that means I'm certifiable...errr, I mean certified now!

Actually, anyone can take the JDE "Essentials" exams, clients, independents, partners. Oracle is being pretty quiet about the fact that non-partners can take the exams. I registered without indicating that I was a partner.

Hi,

Does anyone know where to find the Beta for the CNC certification exam?

Nothing like a certification program to help set the bar low - passing grade is 64%.

Back