I just want the original PDF emailed!

jolly

VIP Member
Hi, and apologies in advance if this question is daft but...

How can I create a RD template that just preserves the original report PDF? I don't need to reformat the output - I just want to use the BI delivery feature to email the UBE output.

As an aside - in the 'real world' do BI developers use the MSWord add in or do they hand code the template? Either way, as a newbie to BI it seems infeasibly difficult and slow to get a decent looking output compared to for instance, Formscape. However as a newbie to this I fully expect that I'm missing something here!

Thanks
JohnO

When you run with BIP and an RD, the UBE only creates XML and no "regular" (non-BIP) pdf file is created at all.

Yep, I thought as much.

It is possible to use a PDF template. However the RD output just keeps outputting the sample PDF data. You can rerun the UBE with a different data selection but it doesn't merge the new data into the template to give you a new result. Clearly it just takes the sample PDF data as boilerplate not data.

So I wonder how one can edit a PDF template so the layout is already done and all that is required is to connect up the fields?

Otherwise some clever person needs to write a tool to convert PDF outout into an RTF template!

Cheers
JohnO

As someone who worked in CNC/Managed Services for over 10 years, we got frustrated with these types of requests, as well. We came up with a product called LynX Output Manager that allows you to access and consolidate all JDE Outputs in one place and allows for print/reprint, archiving, and emailing the original output (such as PDF) without tons of setup or overhead.

Please see more at http://www.aellius.com/navigateto.aspx?page=lom

Back