Utilizing Platespin technology for DR for E1

cncjay

Well Known Member
Hello,

We are looking to leverage Platespin technology (now owned by Novell) for disaster recovery scenario for JDE E1. Deployment, Logic, batch, and web servers are running on Windows 2008 R2 x64.

Does anyone have any experience feedback regarding Platespin and E1 servers ?

Thanks

Hi,

I had worked on the Platespin software couple of years back. From my experience I can say its a very stable software and allows you to take images and dump them onto VM boxes. Its pretty fast and easy GUI interface makes things more easier. I can image the entire machine i.e OS level files, hidden files, registry etc so that you have a exact copy of the machine when you dump it to a VM box. Hope it helps.

Regards,
JDEMEN
Worked on A7.3 to 9.0

Thank you very much for this feedback. Great to know of its powerful yet simplistic approach.

We are facing an interesting issue regarding that scenario. Platespin doesn't support GPT partitions, it only supports MBR. We have four servers formatted as GPT. That is currently our roadblock.

Worst case scenario, we will back up the servers, one at a time, format them as MBR then restore, then use platespin.

We were recommended platespin by one of our consultant so we went in that direction. Are there any other good Disaster recovery software packagees that are known to work well with E1 servers which we can into consideration as well as a DR solution ?

Due to GPT partition issue - we are currently in conversation with DoubleTake software (Vision Solutions).

It would be helpful if anyone can share their experiences with Doubletake software for Disaster Recovery.

Thank you

I have a client using Double Take with JDE (2003 and 2008 standalone servers) and it works perfectly well for DR.

Back