Problem changing Data Selection

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi folks,

happy New Year first of all.

We are about to go live after an Upgrade from ERP8 to E900 and found a last minute strange problem with Data Selection. This is what happens:

For example I want to run Sales Update R42800 that has an existing DS like DCT = 'VO','VT' and I want to add 'V3' to this selection. When I open the screen to add a Literal my previous existing selection (which was 'VO','VT') comes up BLANK. I will have to retype the entire selection.

This seems to happen with ALL versions and ALL reports on the WEB interface with different browsers. On a fat client this works normal.

Has anybody seen this? This started to happen a few days ago and we don´t have a clue.

Our system is HP Unix with Oracle 11g, OAS on Windows.

Thanks for any help. Gerd

Our e1root.log shows this line when the problem occurs:

[SEVERE][RUNTIME]DSELInputProcessor.processInput() - Unknown command, null. Ignoring command.

Oracle knowledge browser says that I can ignore this error !?

Gerd

This sounds very strange. Is it happening to new versions too? (i.e. versions created after you finished your upgrade)

Yep, just tested a brand new version, same problem.

We did the spec merge months ago and the problem started a few days ago. We have already been thinking it has to do with the year change. But then, why would it ?

I don't see how the year change could have caused this .....but never say never!

You need to double check that nothing else has changed on your system. Have there been any recent software upgrades? Has your JDE security changed (could be worth checking this first)?

Is there anything similar happening with the Processing Options or is it just the DS?

Actually some users saw that a week ago (which was last year) but they did not report it immedeatly.

We are wrecking our brains trying to figure out what has changed. I suspect that for some reason the app tries to retrieve data from the database and does not get them. But that´s a shot in the dark.

Thanks for your input.

Reported as a bug in 8.98 tools.
Bug 8920976: Issue with Literal Data select
https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=BUG&id=8920976

E1: UBE: List of Values in Data Selection Do Not Display When Adding a New Value with 8.98 on the Web Client [ID 807976.1]
https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&id=807976.1&type=NOT

and a few others you may see
E1:UBE Master Note of Known Issues with Data Selection and Processing Options [ID 1141053.1]
https://support.oracle.com/CSP/main/article?cmd=show&type=NOT&doctype=FAQ&id=1141053.1

We had this same issue when testing 9.0 with TR 8.98.1.1. See document 807976.1. Even though it was supposed to be fixed as of 8.98.0.5 we experienced with 8.98.1.1. We upgraded the TR to 8.98.2.1.CPU and the issue was resolved.

Dave Rammer
Sheboygan County

E900 TR 8.98.2.1.CPU, HP-UX 11.31, Oracle 11.1.0.7.0, OAS 10.1.3.4.0

Thanks Dave and Larry.

We are on 8.98.3.1 . We already found that document and SAR number. It´s supposed to be fixed but we could not find a ESU. We have a call open with Oracle, hope they find the fix for us.

Thanks, Gerd

Dave, I found the tools release that fixes the problem. I am downloading it now.

One question: our problem started suddenly last week and we could understand where it came from. In your case, did you have the problem from start?

Thanks, Gerd

Back