JDE & AS400 Journals

Dale Brewster

We are journaling multiple tables in the PRODDTA, PRODCTL, SY812, COPD*** libraries/data sources to the OWJRNL library on the AS400. We then create an outfile by sweeping the OW journal receivers in the OWJRNL library to create a custom file on the iSeries with a unique name based on specific iSeries database profiles.

I guess the question is, why do some transactions show under the PROFILENAME and other transactions show under the QUSER profile when viewing the outfile?

The following is an example of the command to create the unique file.
DSPJRN JRN(OWJRNL/OW_JRNL) RCVRNG(OWJRNL/OW_JRN0001 OWJRNL/OW_JRN5000) USRPRF(PROFILENAME) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) INCHIDENT(*YES) OUTFILE(CUSTOMLIBNAME/NAME_1210)

Raz-Lee Security has an application security product called AP-Journal (http://www.razlee.com/products/security/ap-journal/ap-journal_business_analysis_o.php) which works with JDE databases, and which accesses OS/400 journal receiver records to report and to alert (via Syslog, SNMP, SMS, e-mail, MSGQ, etc.) when fields have been changed by more than an absolute amount or by a percentage of the original value. We are also able to report on accesses to fields (i.e. no change made to the field) using OS/400 trigger technology. My e-mail is [email protected] .

Attachments

• 167168-iSecurity Application Pack Datasheet.pdf
    977.2 KB · Views: 141
Back