ODBC issue with package deployment

RTSCsupport

We have migrated to e900 from e8.10. Our main developer keeps experiencing an odd issue when he takes a package on his machine. His ODBC settings are deleted and we have to re set them up afterwards. I have not seen this issue in the forums. Has anyone else experienced this?

I do not have this problem when taking packages on my admin machine or the other 2 admin machines we have set up. I have not looked into his logs yet either. Thanks.

Whenever a package is deployed to a fat client, the ODBC data sources are configured according to the ODBCDataSource.inf file on the Deployment Server.

What is different between the ODBC data sources on this person's computer versus the other computers? Is there a different OS running on each one? Maybe 32-bit vs. 64-bit? Did he set his up differently for some reason?

I did find an article on support.oracle.com that states the same thing you are referring to.

I have checked, and our deployment server odbcdatasource.inf does have the entry:

[EnterpriseOne SSELocal]
Driver=c:\Windows\SysWOW64\sqlncli.dll
Description=EnterpriseOne SSELocal
Server=(local)\JDESSELocal
AutoTranslate=No
Trusted_Connection=Yes

Oracle says the Trusted_Connection=Yes needs to be removed.

My problem with this is that only one machine is having the issue. I do not have a problem with my machine, or the other 2 admin v-machines we have.

All of our web/dev admin machines are Win XP 32bit systems, and virtual machines on a blade server or on our base PCs. The servers are Server 2008 64bit systems. I believe his machine is set up the same as mine, as far as the data sources are concerned. He has all the development tools installed on his machine, and I do not. <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font> <font color="red"> </font>

Back