Hanging

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there
Happy new year to everyone in the group.

We have an issue where users getting hanged in the web. What happening is user do there normal day to day task and 4 times a day each user get hang on the application. It says the "Processing" and user has to close the browser they can not even signout. It is happening more often, Please let me know what causing the issue.

I looked the event on application server and found the event id 17403 but dont know which part causing this problem.

We are in 8.98 tool recently on VMware, appliation server is in windows 2008.

Thanks

Adeel

Adeel,

Have you checked Document # 654767.1 on My Oracle Support? It talks about this type of problem. You can also just do a knowledge search looking for "stuck processing", and you'll get many possible hits.

What version of IE are you using?

There is a registry fix for IE7 and lower, I have attached what we are using for our IE7 users. Rename it to .reg and merge it into the registry, re-boot the machine and try E1 again.

Attachments

• 165320-IE Threads.txt
    422 bytes · Views: 118
Hi Don

I have gone though the oracle document and found the users have correct dll into their registry e.g IE7 has ieframe.dll entry. I dont know why oracle telling that this is the solution. We are not using OAS because document says you have to apply patches for that.

Looks like i have to go with Soul suggestion> as we all have IE7 or lower.

Is anyone else had or have this issue?

Thanks
AD

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Don

Looks like i have to go with Soul suggestion> as we all have IE7 or lower.

Is anyone else had or have this issue?

Thanks
AD

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we had this issue going to Tools 8.97 and 8.98. The registry fix pretty muchg cured the problem for IE7 and IE8. We had had a few users that needed to be downgraded to IE7 soe some unknown reason.

Thanks for the suggestions.
So all i need is to rename the file and place (may be in the windows folder) and execute the file. I dont need to do via regedit. Is that correct?

Thanks
AD

Soul

I have renamed the file and try to registry it says i have to import with regedit so i open registry and try to import same error. I dont know what you mean by merging ?

Thanks
AD

Hi Mark

I have same problem and still waiting for the response in the group.

Thanks
AD

Back