Package build and deployment issue

Muhammad

Hi,

I have sucecssfully built and deployed a package DVFAU3 to DV812. Now I want to build and deploy PYFAU3 to PY812.

Should I be using DV812 or PY812 client?

I changed the project status to 26 (advanced the project) and then try creating a package PYFAU3 using DV812 full client client, when I use the "browse" button to locate my project and add the objects, I am not getting my project in the browse list. I have also tried using the PY812 full client, but my project is not coming in the Browse objects list. (this is where I need to add my objects to the PYFAU3 package).

Can you please advise if I am missing something here, why my project is not coming in the Browse to add the project into my package.

Also which client should I use DV812 or PY812 for creating a PYFAU3 (update) package.

Thanks

Muhammad

As a general rule, when you assemble an update package, you should be logged into the environment for which you are assembling the package, i.e. if it's an update package for PY, then you should be logged into PY, if it's for DV, then you should be logged into DV, etc.

The reason for this is that Versions are environment-specific, so you won't see all the correct versions to include in the package unless you're in that environment.

As for why your project isn't showing up in the search, I don't see why that should be. Try searching by object name, and see what project name shows up. Maybe that will give you a clue to why the project name isn't showing up.

Thanks Ken.
There were no errors in OMW when I promoted the project from 21 to 26, also the project is now showing status of 26.

But when I login to PY812 and then try to assemble a package PYFAU3, I can not see my project or their objects in the "Browse" in order to add those into my package.

I had called Oracle support and they have already checked the OMW and project promotion. According to Oracle support, the project was promoted sucecssfully and it is available in the PY path code. But during package assembly, it is not showing up.

I am looking forward more feedback in order to resolve this issue.

Thanks
Munir

Turn on logging when you press find and look at sql statment like:

SELECT T0.SIOBNM, T0.SIMKEY, T0.SIUSER, T0.SIDM, T0.SIMSAR, T0.SISTCE, T0.SIMRGOPT, T0.SIPATHCD, T0.SIMODCMT, T0.SIUPMJ, T0.SIUPMT, T1.SIOBNM, T1.SIMD, T1.SISY, T1.SISYR, T1.SIFUNO, T1.SICURTYP FROM OL812.F9861 T0,OL812.F9860 T1 WHERE ( T0.SIPATHCD = 'PY812' AND T0.SIMKEY = 'FLRSVJDEDEP' AND T0.SIMODCMT = 'GILB0501' ) AND ( T1.SIOBNM=T0.SIOBNM ) ORDER BY T0.SIMSAR ASC,T0.SIOBNM ASC

go to some sql tools, perform the select; if you don't have result begin to remove some where condition.

Let me know ....

Regards.

Bruno Condemi

What type of objects are in your project? If I remember right, you must have the base UBE or APPL in the project for it to show up in the browse objects screen. If all you have in your project are versions, you will not see them. You will have to enter the base object in the object name QBE field to select them.

Jer

Try object check out/Check in you should be able to see the object.
We have a deployment server where we build and deploy packages. so we always login to DEPSERVER environment instead of specific environment. Statuses can be changed from the developer machine from 21-26 etc. so try checkout and checkin the object you will be able to see the object in browser.

Adeel
Thanks

Are you browsing by project or object? I assume objects can be found when browsing by the specific object. If they do not show up under the project then it may be that the objects were modified under one project and then moved to another project for building. You can either checkout/checkin the objects under the project you are trying to use for the build, use the original projects to find the objects to add to the package, or search by the specific objects to add to the package. Were the objects/project built in an update package in DV?

Back