"map: Permission Denied" error...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
\"map: Permission Denied\" error...

This is really more of an Oracle problem, but I'm hoping someone here may know something. When I try to run sqlplus as the jde900 user, I get an error like "3076162 : map : Permission Denied". Everything I've found about this points to a bug in Oracle related to cases where the process's real and effective UIDs are different, but I don't think that's the problem here -- they're the same, and I don't have the problem as a different user when I deliberately make it so that the EUID is different. It only seems to happen to the jde900 user, so I'm thinking there's got to be something I'm missing about it. I've added jde900 to all the same groups as a user that works and we've run Oracle's checkPerm script. Any ideas?

Re: \"map: Permission Denied\" error...

Scotti,

you can check to see if jde900 has the CONNECT role or CREATE SESSION system privilege. However I think this is more of a AIX issue then anything else. That error is not an ORACLE DB error. Try running sqlplus on a windows client and I'll bet you can connect fine.

Read this post for a possible solution:

Re: \"map: Permission Denied\" error...

Thanks for the reply... yeah, I realize it's an AIX error and not an Oracle error. I had read that thread you linked before... the permissions for sqlplus look right, and running the changePerm script didn't make any difference. I don't get the error running procmap on the current process, or doing anything else as that user, just running sqlplus. It doesn't seem to be the bug that a patch is listed in that thread for, either -- my UID=EUID, and when as another user I force it to not be, I still don't have any problems with sqlplus. I can't seem to find anything that's different about the jde900 user, but there must be something.

Back