Upgrading TR on E8.11

Cleiton Santos

I don't know if can I do this...
I'll upgrade my TR 8.94 to TR 8.98... I'm on E8.11 without any SP... And I'm running on Microsoft SQL 2000 on Windows 2003 Server.
Can I upgrade my TR without problem? I read some documentation and the Oracle recommend upgrade to E8.11 SP1 and upgrade the SQL to 2005... This really necessary? Or can I do this upgrade without SQL and SP1 upgrade?

Thanks and Merry Christmas for all!!!

Cleiton

Wow, you are taking a huge step with this upgrade. Microsoft no longer supports SQL Server 2000 (almost 3 years now), and technically Windows 2003 is no longer supported either (5 months now).

Tools Release 8.98.3.x is the last one where Oracle will support Windows 2003. The most recent release, 8.98.4, only shows support for Windows 2008.

Now 8.11 (without SP1) is shown as supported in 8.98.4, but you have a dilemma. By taking just the Tools Release (and possibly the current Planner ESU), you don't have to bother with any other ESUs or setup. If you decide to go to 8.11 SP1 first, you have a bunch of ESUs you also need to take to activate all the new functionality. You have no choice in this matter because UBEs will not run until you do.

In any case, the Application Server software will need to be upgraded or replaced, since whatever you are using is also out of support by now.

Please study the Minimum Technical Requirements (linked from here) before you decide on what you want to do.

Back