Queue Process not picking up the batches

veeraspp

i am in JDE version 7332 (just before XE).

when a batch is submitted to enterprise server it is going into wait status.

i rebooted the server (windows server - rebooted the services Jde network and jde queue) .

As there is no use from that i rebooted the m/c hosting the server.

still there is no use.

from the SAW (server Administration workbench) i can see that "Queue Process"'s start date as today's date and last accessed date as Jan 1st 1970.

i checked the JDE ini there is no change.

this is happen from Sunday after our weekly reboot of the host m/c.

one more interesting phenomenon is if i reboot the JDE services it is disabling the user - JDE (system admin user).

please suggest what i should do?

thanks in advance

log is not on in the server. tonight i will on the log and check. will there be any useful information in the jde log ?

Can you clarify please where thhe JDE account is being disabled by restarting services - JDE, DB, Operating system?

in JDE. once we restart the services we are not able to login in JDE through user name - JDE. we are using some other login to enable it.

in the 'user security' the status of the user (JDE) update to 02 - disabled.

[ QUOTE ]
i am in JDE version 7332 (just before XE).

when a batch is submitted to enterprise server it is going into wait status.

i rebooted the server (windows server - rebooted the services Jde network and jde queue) .

As there is no use from that i rebooted the m/c hosting the server.

still there is no use.

from the SAW (server Administration workbench) i can see that "Queue Process"'s start date as today's date and last accessed date as Jan 1st 1970.

i checked the JDE ini there is no change.

this is happen from Sunday after our weekly reboot of the host m/c.

one more interesting phenomenon is if i reboot the JDE services it is disabling the user - JDE (system admin user).

please suggest what i should do?

thanks in advance

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible that the JDE domain account's password has either expired or been changed.

Check Active Directory to see the status of the JDE account and either change the password back to the original that matches the password used in the services or change the services password to match the current password used in Active Directory....or change both.

Hi all,

we have noticed that "Queue process" in System administration workbench (SAW) has last accessed date as Jan 01 1970. but "jde network" kernel are working fine showing the current time.

i think jde network kernel is not able to contact the queue process. how they interact ? i am able to see "UBE kernel"s accessed by the date start the server.

thanks in advance
Veera

Veera,

There may be errors in the jde system logs in the log directory (not the ube logs in the PrintQueue directory) on the enterprise server that may provide further information. If you look at these straight after restarting the JDE services, you will be able to see if the system started properly. You don't need debugging on in the enterprise server jde.ini to see these as they are not debug logs.

Hi all,

thanks for all
smile.gif
the issues got resolved.

i started the DB and waited for some time before starting the JDE process. that helped
smile.gif

earlier started DB and once it started i started the JDE process. i think though DB is showing that it is started it is taking some time to really give connection.

once again thanks

Veera

Back