Default Century Dates - CENTCHG

Bally_BK

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Can you please provide list of steps for changing the DD item for CENTCHG..

1. Changing the default date for DD item CENTCHG and make sure the default value of DCYR also changed.

2. Do we need to delete the TAM specs (dddict, ddtext, glbltbl) on the enterprise server under the path code\spec directory in order to deploy the changes to the Enterprise Server ?

3. How it will effect latest changes to Thin client, do we need to generate manually all applications which are using this DD items OR do we need to do Full pacakge for this change.

Please provide details steps for changing the Defalut value for CENTCHG..

Any reply will be highly apprciated..

Thanks in advance

Regards
Bally..

Since you didn't say, I can only guess that you are on Xe, ERP 8, 8.9, 8.10, or 8.11 since those are the only releases where we would be talking about thin clients and the need to generate full DDDICT, DDTEXT, and GLBLTBL files (Citrix/Terminal Server in the first 4 cases, or web client in any of them ... again, you don't say, so we must speculate about this).

In any event, navigate through the fat client menus to Data Dictionary Design, and run "Work with Data Dictionary Items" (P92001). Do a Find for the needed item, go to the Default Value tab, and change the value accordingly.

For the rest, I refer you to: Deploying Data Dictionary Changes. If, for some reason, you are on 8.12 or 9.0, there is a different document for those versions, the link for which you will find at the bottom of the document I have referred you to.

[Remark about the people here who try to help being more experienced and knowledgeable than 1st-level Oracle phone support, yet not getting as much information as would be provided to 1st-level Oracle phone support, deleted as being the product of a grumpy demeanor late at night on Pacific Standard Time.]

Hi Ken,

We are on EnterpriseOne 8.12 ToolsRelease 8.97.1.2, Enterprise Server is on AIX 5.3 ,

Do we need to do any full package or if we delete TAM specs on Ent. servers will alone is sufficent after chaning DD items.. Please advice..

Thanks
Bally..

Back