Web Services

Wildcat

Platform: JDE E1 9.0, WebSphere6.1
How do I start web services for a JDE instance when JDE Server Manager is down? Is there a command line to run on the HTML server?

Yes, there is a startServer.bat file that you should be able to find under <drive>:\<path>\WebSphere\AppServer\bin, but it would probably be more convenient to you to create a Windows service (if you're on Windows).

If the former, navigate to the appropriate path, and issue startServer (server name), where (server name) is like server1 or whatever you called your JAS instance when you created it.

If the latter, try this: link to 635841.1.

[ QUOTE ]
Platform: JDE E1 9.0, WebSphere6.1
How do I start web services for a JDE instance when JDE Server Manager is down? Is there a command line to run on the HTML server?

[/ QUOTE ]

1- If you installed WebSphere as a standalone (which you shouldn't have), use the "Start the server item" in the Start menu on the web server. You'll find it in Start/All Programs/IBM WebSphere/Something or the other/Something/Profiles/AppSrv01. Maybe someone else can tell you the exact path, I don't install standalones.

or

2- Using the WebSphere Integrated Services Console (formerly WebSphere Console) application. If you installed WebSphere as a standalone (which you shouldn't have) you can find it somewhere under Start/All Programs/IBM WebSphere/Something or the other/Something/Profiles/Administrative Console on the web server. When in the console, navigate to Servers/Application Servers and start/stop from there.

3- If you installed WebSphere as a Network Deployment you can find the Integrated Services Console under Start/All Programs/IBM WebSphere/Application Server Network Deployment V6.1\Profiles\AppSrv01 on the Network Deployment machine. Navigate to Servers/Application Servers and start/stop from there.

Back