Seesion Timeout

adeel

VIP Member
Hello there

We are on 8.98.3 Tool and noticed that user getting session timeout very often not used to be like that. Please tell me where to go in Server Manager to increase?

Thanks

Adeel

It's not in SM, you need to change it via the enterprise manager. Topology/instance/applications/instance/webclient/admin/configuration (yes it takes me ages to find the right path, the issue for me is finding 'webclient', then change 'Session Timeout'

Tom

For Server Manager
The default timeout for a Server Manager session is 45 minutes. This value is set in the web.xml under the Server Manager home's oc4j instance.

This is how the setting looks in the web.xml file:
<session-config>
<session-timeout>45</session-timeout>
</session-config>

2. You can set the timeout period by changing the session-timeout value in the web.xml to the desired value. Server Manager service needs to be restarted for the new value to take effect.

Path to the web.xml file under the Server Manager home is:
your_server\jde_home\targets\oc4j\j2ee\home\applications\ManagementConsole\ManagementConsole_WAR\WEB-INF

This sounds like you have upgraded recently? Did you only upgrade your Tools Release, or did you upgrade E1 versions?

Session timeouts have always been a part of configuring the web client. However, timeout issues are not only fixed by changing the INI files. There are also some steps to take regarding configuring Internet Explorer.

Which version of IE (or something else) are you using?

Some information on the circumstances would also be helpful. For instance, are users in the middle of inputting transactions when they get a timeout? Maybe the user was idle for some time, but it is still timing out in a shorter period than expected? How long were you trying to set it for?

Thanks for the feedback so far, i need to be very careful as all of you have different feedback. so please help me.

I can work on the web.xml file to increase the time just wondering that is it for all environment or only for PD?

Yes we have just upgraded only tool and we have 8.12 release. we using IE 7 (wondering is it really browser thing).
Nothing happens middle of the transaction it is idle situation and within 10-15 minture timeout session. We want to beve alteast 1 hour so user can re-use the system without timeout session.

Thank in advance
Adeel

Back