To upgrade or not to

cherryd

We are on 8.12 and our premier support will end in 3/2010. We were also told our 1099 year end support will end in 2012.

We had basically no choice but to upgrade at this point.

What are our options for year end if we don't upgrade before 2012? Were we be able to get fixes for bugs and issues if we go under just extended support?

Thanks......... <font color="purple"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>
confused.gif

Pay an extra 10% maintenance in 2013 and an extra 15% in 2014.

Start your 9.1 upgrade in mid 2013 and go live on it in 2014.

Colin

CherryD,

If your budget can allow the migration to 9.0 - I think your organization will be pleased with the upgraded product (at least those on the tech side will - it is fairly clean, mature and soundly more-stable than 8.12).

The law of inevitable states you'll either have to upgrade or replace, at some time or another. The longer the wait, the more costly. The downside of migrating sooner is that you'll still have the latests and greatest to migrate to..., again in a year or so in the future (there will always be a latest and greatest).

Pay higher Support Fees or Pay for a Migration (and a couple years support???) - something to work out with the inside sales guys.

(db)

I like your idea. 9.0 has been out for couple years already and if I upgrade to 9.0, I will be out of premier support soon again. 9.1 is coming out soon and I can upgrade to 9.1 and stay on premier support for 4 years.

Back