JDENET* Jobs Not Starting

szabo33

In my AS/400 startup program when the following runs:

SBMJOB CMD(E812SYS/STRNET) JOB(JDESTRNET) +
JOBD(*LIBL/ONEWORLD) JOBQ(OWTECH) +
JOBPTY(3) CURLIB(E812SYS) LOG(4 00 +
*SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)

the subsystem starts but the kernel jobs do not. Any thoughts? I'm not getting any help from the job log.

Gene

I don't know that you really need all those parameters.

When I help clients with their startup program, they usually just make sure the system library is in the library list (in your case E812SYS), then just issue a STRNET.

What do you get if you try to start things up manually? Was everything down when you tested the script?

This is our CL program called from QSTRUP:

PGM
...CHGLIBL LIBL(E811SYS QTEMP QGPL)
...E811SYS/CLRIPC
...DLYJOB DLY(30)
...E811SYS/STRNET
ENDPGM

That is run before the STRNET command in my startup program CL. I also delete all *SQL packages too. Once the JDE services are started in my startup program CL I start all JAS instnaces. Pretty sure I have it all in the correct order but for some reason the kernel jobs are not starting and I'm not finding anything in the log.

Gene

I'll get back to you next Tuesday. Have to go bury my Father who passed away last week in Indiana tomorrow.

Gene

Look at your JDE.INI on the AS/400. The location of the log files will be defined in the [DEBUG] section. It might be in JDE812, but it has changed with different Tools Releases, so you'll have to look at the JDE.INI to know for sure.

I changed my startup program with the code that you suggested and it worked. Guess my only question is is that the code that I had and it did not start the kernel jobs on my production AS/400 is the exact code that I have in my startup program on my test system and it does work there. Oh well thanks for your input.

Gene

Back