Yikes! Create!form nightmare...

Smash

Dear Create!formers,

I'm extremely new to Create!form and have no help guides available apart from those available in the public domain - the user guides I found at Bottomline's website by doing a google search.

Unfortunately, the help files are not loaded on the machine I've been given to work on.

Anyway, I just opened an existing design called R55INVOICE_TEST.fpj2 for argument's sake, from within Windows Explorer. Then I added some test text in a new box I created and closed Create!form without saving, or so I thought.

Then I reopened R55TEST_TEST.fpj2 and there, plain as day, is my silly test text. I'm sure I didn't save it. So, I deleted it, saved it, closed it. However, it's still there. In fact, it's worse. The text is now there twice, and the header title INVOICE has moved too. I PROMISE I DIDN'T DO ANY OF THIS!

Please, help me, what have i done wrong and how can I get rid of the text?

Thanks in advance, any help is sincerely appreciated.

Best regards,
Ash

E1 B7334 Create!form version 3

Sounds like something got corrupted in your project. It may be easier to just restore from your backup.

Create!form v3.2 doesn't really work that well when you double click on FPJ2 files from Windows Explorer. Does it act any better if you open the CformDesigner application first, set your form project directory (File > Set Form Project Directory) and then use File > Open to open the project?

Karen.

A revised form project cannot be closed without Create!form asking if you want to save it.

Always open Create!form projects (.fpj2 files) in the designer.

Always 'point' Create!form designer to the correct directory
- Open designer > file > Set form project directory > point it to the dir with the .fpj2 files
- This must be the development directory with the .frm files & not the production directory

Basic Form Project revisions are simple:
- With the form project open, you'll see sections or tabs at the bottom.
- Each section is a portion of the page: Header, detail, footer
- Objects such as Static text, data variables, boxes, lines, etc are on each section.
- To determine where the object is, just click on each section & do Ctrl + A
- This will show all objects on that section.

Review the manual for more detailed info: it can be found in the designer at Help > User guide

Mark

Back