Bizarre batch versions problem

morglum666

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I'm looking at this with our internal team and Oracle support, but I'm wondering if any of you have seen this before.

We are on 8.12/8.9.6.2 AS400 all in one (DB, APP, Web) and we have a report version that in production, as opposed to all other environments does not seem to have updated its specifications for one user. The other interesting factor is that our environment is split between two as/400 servers so production code/DB/App is all on its own machine.

This report is horrifically customized down to the version level, database sort, and all of that. For one user, when she runs the report all on web, she sees the old version with specific code that was a bug patched in the new version. For others it works fine.

Theres an additional oddity - Her version includes on the same section of code elements from the new version, and they themselves are working normally.

There isn't anything unusual in the OMW logs.

I have a call into oracle to basically ask if for her account if the enterprise server is storing the old version specs, and they have suggested the usual suspects including E-Gen and submitting the version.

Has anyone else seem this problem? Any thoughts? Am I seeing something because we are on a low service pack?

Malcolm

Are you able to you run it locally on a fat client or try different servers?

Is it difficult to create a new version. I have seen corruptions in the past.

Back