JDE crashes when adding a BSFN...

swhitmire

Reputable Poster
In our new 9.0 environment (8.98.3.3), when a user tries create a new NER business function, after naming the function, the next click immediately crashes JDE completely. Nothing enlightening showed up in the log, even with debug on... anyone else had this problem?

Just a few insights....

Are you logged in as an Administrator on the Development machine?
Do you have authority to the \include and \source folders on the machine (Admins usually do)
Can you create C Functions?
Are you trying to use a name that is already in use?
Any special Characters in the name?

just a few common considerations.

(db)

Yes, logged in as an Administrator, which can create files in the include and source folders. It works fine to add a C function, and it works fine to look at an existing NER, but the same thing happens if you try to add a new function to an existing NER. The names we've tried have all been just normal characters (N55XXXX kind of names), and no matter what name we choose, the same thing happens.

Some further info... running OMW with debug on shows that where it crashes is in the Update Business Function Array function in B9800010.

One more guess - do you have any AntiVirus, AdWare-Killer and/or Firewall running on the machine?

If so, TEMPORARILY - pause them?

(db)

Tried it on a new machine that doesn't even have antivirus installed yet, same thing. Just completely crashes JDE as soon as you click off of the line where you name the function, leaving no indication of why in the log. Doesn't matter what environment, either... tried it in both DV and PD. Any suggestions welcomed.
smile.gif

Do you have the OWDLC Tool that Alex provides (free of charge)??

If so - try this:
Before you type the name of the NER, Open OWDLC, Hit REFRESH, turn on Debugger and Clear the the Logs
Now type your NER Name / Description
When it crashes - you have the most concise log you are going to obtain

- attach that log to this thread, and some of the master might see a soar thump....

(db)

Ok, I've attached the debug log I got with OWDLC. It seems that it crashed in AppendBsFnToArray, but I don't see any information about why.

Attachments

• 164891-JDEDEBUG.LOG.txt
    79.6 KB · Views: 180
Confirm a few things:
- that you do have UDC: 98/V3 #3 (Minor Business Rule)
! There should be a 1, 2 & 3
- that you have created BL (Business Library) CCustom

When I looked at the fields being passed into the AppendBsFnToArray - I noticed that USER is not included/valid in your Log (but it is populated in my logs).

On the Out side - it should be building the 'long ugly number':
OUT->[ 14] <Item>: szEventSpecKey <type>: STRING <Value>: [53c482a2-bf1b-4bbf-b9b7-25e473d779cb]

You might want to show that log to Oracle?

(db)

Yep, the 98|V3 values are there. I'm actually trying to put it in CALLBSFN... I think the CCUSTOM at the top is where I accidentally clicked off without changing it the first time. I'm going to open a case with the log and see what happens.

Got the problem fixed... there's a SAR, 8963497, for it. It was supposed to have been applied with U2 (and it shows up as applied in the history report), but for some reason the change didn't actually happen. It's just a one-line change to B9800010, so I made it by hand and that fixed it.

Back