Pros & Cons of implementing inclusive & exclusive security in Enterprise One 9.0

ajmk

Pros & Cons of implementing inclusive & exclusive security in Enterprise One 9.0

We are implementing E1 9.0 and developing the Security model. Would like to know the Pros and Cons of implementing Inclusive & Exclusive security in E1 9.0

Re: Pros & Cons of implementing inclusive & exclusive security in Enterprise One 9.0

Query performance with Inclusive Row Security can be faster than Exclusive. It's also usually more logical to define, i.e. trying to figure out what a user can see rather than exclude what the user cannot see.

However, you may find that it's easier to accomplish what you want security-wise with Exclusive.

As with a lot of things in JDE, it depends on your situation ...
grin.gif

Re: Pros & Cons of implementing inclusive & exclusive security in Enterprise One 9.0

Hi ajmk,

If my memory serves me well - it had been discussed on JDEList very well.
Have you ever tried to serach your issue on JDEList?

Regards,

Zoltán

Ken explains the advantages of inclusive above. I also say that I have never attended a site where exclusive made sense - maybe there are some?

We have many clients who have hired us specifically because we have a process that is capable of automatically converting exclusive to inclusive in minutes - I am not exaggerating. Therefore, i would always recommend inclusive from the start - save yourself a job down the line.

Back