Job scheduler

zairum786

Hi All,

I have an issue with the launch status text. The jobs are completing successfully but they change from Scheduled to Launched but they do not change to Job Completed Successfully. The jobs are completing successfully and that can be seen in WSJ, but not in the Job Scheduler Application. Has anyone had this issue before? I was thinking of restarting the scheduler, but this is a new client for me and things are working, so they are a bit touchy. But would be nice to resolve this annoying issue :) Thanks in Advance.

I have seen this issue in 8.98.0.6. We ignored it as a nuisance.

Yeah I understand exactly what you mean, but would be nice to get it sorted. Thanks anyway.

Well I am going to try and fix this. If there is anyone out there who has resolved this issue please let me know. Thanks

I don't know if this is the same issue, but our jobs stayed as launched in the scheduler. When we signed on to the AS/400 we could see the job run, it completed successfully, and the output was sent to the printer. In E1 on the submitted jobs screen, however, the job would disappear. We traced this down to the print immediate flag in the job scheduler. If the print immediate flag was set on the job in the scheduler, the jobs would stay at launched status. If a job in the scheduler did not have print immediate set, the job was updated to completed successfully. We tried print immediate outside of the scheduler, and the jobs printed okay and remained on the E1 submitted jobs screen. Our settings in the ini files were PrintImmediate=FALSE and KeepUBE=TRUE.

The fix for us was the JDE.ini setting SaveOutput. For some reason, this was set to False. When we changed SaveOutput=TRUE, the status for the jobs in the scheduler with print immediate were updated to completed successfully and they remained on the E1 submitted jobs screen.

Back