Table Change - JAS server not finding updated specs

craig_welton

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hello all,

Need a little help regarding table changes and deployment to the JAS server ...

E900, Websphere 6.1, TR 8.98.3.4, iseries enterprise

- Table X was changed to include a new column.

- Promoted to PY (with related objects that use the table), update package built and deployed.

- Table generated in PY.

- Enterprise server recognizes new table structure.

- Developer clients see changes and local web works fine.

+ JAS server reports [TABLE_SPECS_PHYSICAL_TABLE_MISMATCH] errors when application ER uses table IO to access the updated table. Databrowser works fine.

Services/instances bounced, no help.

What am I missing?

thanks,
Craig

[ QUOTE ]
... iseries enterprise

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you tried clearing SQL packages in the PY data library?

Craig,

See if this helps: bring down services, delete the DD and GLTBL specs in the IFS, clear the SQL packages, and bring up services.

Regards,
Dan

Safe to assume you checked the PY JAS log and your update packaged was 'discovered'? Can you replicate this error in DV? Maybe regen just the table again in PY and try again?

Hi Michael,

Yup, JAS log shows package discovery and serialized objects cleared. DV worked fine. I did regen the PY table and still no go. Thanks for the input.

Thinking more about the SQL packages again. Anyone know where the JDBC SQL packages would go or what their name is? I tried the PY business data source.

With regards to - Enterprise server recognizes new table structure. Do you determine this using SQL or UTB or by doing a DSPFFD on the ES and see the new column? *SQLPKG's definetly need to to be cleared when changing the structure of a table. I usually bring down E1 and remove ALL SQLPGG's except for those owned by IBM. If you've tried that and still have an issue maybe delete the specs in the PY path code on the IFS!!

Yes to all about the enterprise server. We have UBEs that access the table via table ER that work. Also NERs and C functions that work with the updated table work in JPY900 environment. Its only when accessed from the JAS server using table IO in application event rules (or interpetive NER I suppose)

Thanks to all for your responses. Things are better now but I'm not sure which actions actually did the trick.
tongue.gif

Anyway ... took down all services (enterprise and JAS).
Deleted SQL Packages in COPY900, (PY900DTA was done earlier)
Restarted enterprise, JAS

I was told this same process was done yesteray (sans COPY900 clearing) and it didn't help, but I'm not certain.

Thanks again people.

Craig

Back