Bursting to data driven Email

pfaloney

Well Known Member
I am working on getting Employee EFT Advices (R04572T1) to go to eMail Addresses. However, am having trouble getting the definition correct:

For the Bursting Field, I have (Cut and pasted from the XML):

R04572T1/Driver_Section_S14/Payment_Selection_S7/AddressNumber_ID101

And the Data Driven Recipient set up as:

AddressNumber_ID101

There is no eMails coming out and I know one of them has an eMail defined (mine since I get workflow eMails all the time). Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

More information: We are getting a "Communication Error". The individual records are being created. However, I am still showing each of them getting the full PDF creates. Now this may not be what they get, but I think fixing the Communication Error would be the first step.

Hi
Just working from memory so might not have this totally right.

But try this.
Burst field = AddressNumber_ID101
Recipient = field holding email address

(not sure about Recipent = AddressNumber_ID101 - I havent tried that)

Jackie

Try this

Burst field = AddressNumber_ID101
Recipient = field holding email address
(could try recipient = Address Number_ID101 not sure if that works or not.

J

Hi,
I have a similar issue, looks as though your bursting setup is ok, if you go into WSJ and look at the RD Jobs and then View Delivery (P95630/W95630C), if the Delivery Location is populated with the correct email address this will confirm your RD Setup is correct. This is where I am currently having a Communication Failure, which I believe is due to the SMTP setup, which fortunately for me means a CNC Issue! =)

Right now we are trying to burst to printer only. Email addressing will come later. Do you need eMail for it to burst?

Back