Web Client pasting of data to end of existing data in grid

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
If I'm in a data entry grid, in a cell with existing data, and then want to paste additional data to end end of the existing data, when I do the Ctrl-V, the original data is being overwritten instead of appended to. Has anyone else encountered this problem and/or found a workaround for this? I've reported the problem to Oracle support, and the request has already languished for over a month with no movement, and I just heard back today that it's a low enough priority problem that it probably won't be addressed until TR 8.99. If this is an issue for you and you'd like a fix, please report it to Oracle support. They are driven off the priority of the problem and how many customers report the issue.

Your users may have not even reported this to you, and because it overwrites existing data, may have resulted in loss of data.

Your replies of encountering this issue, workarounds, or other comments will be much appreciated.

Don,

I am seeing similar behavior but maybe I am not testing correctly. When I click add and then before I paste, i go to the last line of the grid and then paste. Then it only appends new records. If I click on an existing cell, it does overwrite the data from that point down.

The scenario that we've run into is in a single grid cell. Let's say it was PO line description that read "BICYCLE". The user wanted to use the copy and paste method to add additional description text, such as "RED 26 INCH". Here's the steps to reproduce:

1. From some other application, copy the following text into the clipboard:
"RED 26 INCH"
2. Now click into the PO line description field on the grid, and position the cursor to the end of the word "BICYCLE". Now paste the additional text into the field.
3. You will notice that the word "BICYCLE" is now GONE, and only "RED 26 INCH" remains.

Don,

Yes I am seeing the same. If I look at one of my instances on 8.98.1.3, it does not behave that way. It appends the paste to the end. So update 3 did indeed break that particular functionality. As far as workaround - export the data out to excel or something outside E1, append the data there, and then import it back in.

Back