JDEdwards 8.12 Update 2 with Tools 8.97 running slow for some

szabo33

We have been having some JDE speed issues here. We have some plants that connect using an iSeries JAS instance and some connect using a Windows JAS instance. The speed issue is mainly for the people using the Windows JAS instances. We have upgraded almost all of the plants to a T1 on our network but still we are seeing speed issues. We have one set of Windows JAS instances that uses VM and another set that does not. Seems to be happening more with the instances using VM but sometimes it is the other. Also when some people complain of slow speed using one of the Windows JAS instances we can call another plant who is connecting the same way and they say it is fine. This will still happen even after "cleaning" up the persons PC. Every night I have been resetting JDE services, clearing IPC and also deleting all SQL packages. This seems to be helping but still we are having this intermittent issue.

Gene

Has anyone followed any of the tuning white papers? There are some specific suggestions for WAN situations.

We dropped our JDE support from Oracle and use a 3rd party for support. Think I would still be able to access any of the white papers? Would they be in the Oracle knowledge garden?

Gene

Yes, that is where they are. This is a problem since I work for an Oracle partner, and thus cannot provide you a copy. If your 3rd party support somehow has access, then you will have to go through them.

Back