Multi-platform Configuration Question

fbrammer

fbrammer

We are a new install of JDE E1 9.
We have a HPUX system as an Enterprise Server (Runs DBs and is configured as an Enterprise Server.) Our plan is to run BSFNs, RTEs and XAPIs on the HP and run UBEs on Windows Servers. When we configure our OCMs to point UBEs to our main Windows Server and everything else to the HP the UBEs run and create PDFs, but we can't delete them and when we select the Print row exit the printer is blanked out and the copies are set to 0. We can manually fix the printer and copies and the job prints fine, but the user still can't delete the job. Other errors with BSFNs show in the logs too.

I found an Oracle document for a specific issue that said that a specific BSFN needed to run on the same server as the UBE. I'm assuming there are several others that need to be configured this way too.

Can anyone here tell me what these functions are?

I have a SR open with Oracle, but based on the first round of questions it's going to be a few hours/days before I get my answer.

The race is on.
smile.gif

This is just a guess, but I think by having the UBEs running on a Windows server, you also need to configure printers for E1 on that Windows server.

Also, do you have a separate Server Map data source for that Windows server? The OCM mappings in the Server Map should not have any entries at all for BSFN. That way, a process that runs on a particular server would have any related BSFN running on that server too.

Back