Implementation of Self Service modules

ajmk

Hi,
We are contemplating implementing the following at a Client end on Enterprise One 9.0 on Oracle application server 10.1.3.4:-
1. Customer Self Service
2. Supplier Self Service
3. Requisition Self Service
4. Buyer Workspace
5. Operational Sourcing

Need guidance on what needs to be installed at :-
1. Client end( from a Technical point of view).
2. Client's customer's & Supplier's end to make the above modules operational

From the E1 guides, I ve collected the following details but since the client is using Oracle OAS 10.1.3.4, things could change, I suppose.

1. Install and configure IBM Websphere portal

a. WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.1 – Multiplatforms Installation and Configuration for iSeries
b. WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.1 – Multiplatforms Installation and Configuration for Unix
c. WebSphere Portal 6.0.1.1 – Multiplatforms Installation and Configuration for Windows
( This could change)
2. Install and configure the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Collaborative Portal

a. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 Collaborative Portal Installation

3. Generate JD Edwards EnterpriseOne portlets in the WebClient_Portal.war file.

a. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 Development Tools: Form Design Aid Guide
b. EnterpriseOne Tools 8.98 HTML Web Server Installation, Appendix A: Generating JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Serialized Objects, Generating an FDA-Created Portlet

4. Install the WebClient_Portal.war file in the Collaborative Portal(WebSphere Portal for Multiplatforms)
a. View the reference at following link
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v510/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc/wpf/welcome.html
( This could change)
5. Create pages and add portlets to pages in the Collaborative Portal(WebSphere Portal for Multiplatforms)
a. View the reference at following link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v510/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wp.ent.doc/wpf/welcome.html
( this could change)

Any clue on where to look for

You can use Oracle Portal Server even to implement:
1. Customer Self Service
2. Supplier Self Service
3. Requisition Self Service
4. Buyer Workspace
5. Operational Sourcing

You can refer 8.98 Portal guide for deploying JDE on portal servers.
From 8.97 onwards, Oracle supply all JDE portlets in a pre-generated war file WebClient_Oracle_Portal.war. You can get this file under system\generator\ folder of your deployment server.

You just have to create the pages and attach the required portlets in the page and configure them to use.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

My company is interested in the Self Service Modules.
Does anybody know a couple of companies that have these modules already implemented so we could get some feedback of their experience? My boss is interested in checking if it would be worth purchasing them.

Many thanks in advance.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

My company is interested in the Self Service Modules.
Does anybody know a couple of companies that have these modules already implemented so we could get some feedback of their experience? My boss is interested in checking if it would be worth purchasing them.

Many thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hola Maria,

We took a look at the self service moduals and went a different direction. We had a requirement for supplier self service for XE, that can then transition over to 9.0. We went with K-Rise for that solution. Very interesting company, interesting product and tool set. Give them a look. http://www.krisesystems.com/

- Gregg

Hola Greg!
I will have a look at K-Rise
Thanks so much for your help

Hola Maria,

Nenhum problema. São uma boa companhia, você serão imprimidos. adeus

Back