Tools 8.98.3.4

wloban

Well Known Member
I have noticed tools 8.98.3.4 is now available. Has anyone downloaded and tested it?

Downloaded: yes.
Tested: updated a StandAlone installation with it, but that was only yesterday.

If the person who is using it comes up with any odd issues, I will update to this thread.

Tools 8.98.3.4 versus iSeries (AS400)

We are under JDETOOLS 8.95 ( 8.10 with WTS
smirk.gif
i know!) and we are in the process to upgrade to JDETOOLS 8.98.

The decision to make is a choice to keep the iseries (AS400) as a data server or not.

For those who have already upgraded to 8.98, is there anyone with an iserie as a data server (and maybe UBE running on it)? I would like to have your feedback/experience about this!

Thank you in advance!
Cp

Re: Tools 8.98.3.4 versus iSeries (AS400)

I am currently doing an upgrade to Tools Release 8.98 for a client that has an AS/400 and a Windows Application Server. The combination works, and there's not that much setup involved. It's mainly just changing OCM mappings after adding the extra server to the configuration.

check with your WTS project manager, I am sure they will be happy to find another WTS customer running something similar to what you want to do that you could talk to. WTS does do other platforms, and is very strong in the Oracle DB space if you're looking to move off of the 400.

[ QUOTE ]
We are under JDETOOLS 8.95 ( 8.10 with WTS
smirk.gif
i know!) and we are in the process to upgrade to JDETOOLS 8.98.

The decision to make is a choice to keep the iseries (AS400) as a data server or not.

For those who have already upgraded to 8.98, is there anyone with an iserie as a data server (and maybe UBE running on it)? I would like to have your feedback/experience about this!

Thank you in advance!
Cp

[/ QUOTE ]

We're 8.11 on 8.98.3.2. We had one small issue with memory leaks during web-gens. We got a POC to fix that and have been very happy from that point on.

We have an I5 running as db/logic server with several windows logic servers for specific applications.

Hi,
we have 8.98.3.4 in production.
We have problem that in P4210 and P42101 programs we cannot see line numbers below one. On the detail revisions screen we can see those, but not on the main query screen.

We have 8 instances of E1. One is on 9.0 the others are on 8.12. All are being upgraded from 8.98.1.3 to 8.98.3.4. Three of the eight have been upgraded to 3.4 without issue so far. The remaining five instance will be upgraded before year end.

We are currently on 8.97.2.6 and am looking into the move to 8.98.3.4 in the first quarter of next year. From your experiences, are there any big 'undocumented features' that I need to look out for?

Back