General Question: Integration of ESRI ArcMap with JDE

BKayCO

Hello,

I have a very general question for all the JDE pros. I'm doing some research to find out if and how any others have integrated GIS into JDE, without the use of a 3rd party software package.

We are attempting to integrate our county transportation assets from ESRI ArcMap into JDE, with one caveat, we have been told that we cannot use a 3rd party software package.

and

The other issue is that the level of detail in our GIS is more than our IT department will allow us to place in JDE. eg. IT wants is to limit or generalize the data to the road and bridge level, and do not want to see curb/gutters/drainage/guardrails/etc...

Is anyone aware of this being done before and how could I find out more about how they actually accomplished this feat?

Thx in advance,
BK

BK,
The below opinion is also very general and will need lot of research and your company policies etc. in determine the solution.
If there is no table to store the info you need normally the approach is to build custom table and hook them up with the master data in JDE. You can dig up more on equipment/asset master which i think might help you.
You will need tremendous help from IT if its integration. If your IT has capability of building your own solution then you can ignore of going for 3rd party solution. There are advantage and disadvantage of both but inhouse solution is always best since you get the most features you need and future maintenance and development/enhancements becomes easy and handy.

Hope this helps.

Chan

Back