Is anyone able to connect via Change Assistant?

Tom_Davidson

Tom_Davidson

VIP Member
I'm trying to figure out if it is my issue, or Oracles. I figured this would be quicker than opening a call.

Tom

I have not been able to connect all day from Europe.
I know that they are having issues with some of their intenal systems.
Now let me see - when do things always seem to go wrong - got it - Clock changing time. Things will be OK again in a week when the everyone has finished changing their clocks.

We used it today with no problems. Matter of fact there is an update for Change Assistant, as well as others available.

11/2/2010 - EST USA No
11/3/2010 2pm EST USA - No

We can launch it, cannot connect to Metalink though.

The CA 2.5 I have been using all this time started throwing an error "cannot launch application". I installed the new 3.0 one which is working fine, able to connect to Oracle and download ESU's

Resolved? Is anyone able to connect via Change Assistant?

They had me uninstall the 2.5 version and download/install the 3.0 version and it appears to be working now.

Hope it helps you all

Re: Resolved? Is anyone able to connect via Change Assistant?

Check out Doc ID 1259684.1 especially the line about "The technology stack has been migrated to an Oracle solution and changes were made to improve both usability and performance."

Okay yeah so I got it to work but I'm trying to download 1236 ESU's released after Update 1 and guess what? It doesn't work.

Okay every 5th, or 8th or 3rd or whatever random interval of ESU does download correctly.

ALso if I download just 20 ESU's at a time it works.

I did use 3 brand new workstations each with Change Assistant 3.0 and the same issue comes up.

Also if I go back to Chnage Assistant it doesn't load.............need to go back to the Oracle Web Site, re-download it and then Change Assistant works but bulk ESU downloads doesn't work.

Makes you think what was it running on before when it was working? WAS and DB2?

Back