Documentation for installing new JAS Server

radi8

Well Known Member
I am trying to clean up some ugly system configurations here and need some help. I just installed the server manager on the deployment server and am trying to get a new TEST (PY) JAS server setup. On the box that I am using for the new JAS server, I already installed:
WebSphere 6.0.2.21
IBM HTTP Server 6
Loaded the Server Manager Agent

In the new Server manager, the new Agen shows up, but when I attempt to install the EnterpriseOne HTNL Server, I get an error stating that there are components missing. This is confusing as I followed the Server Manager Installation processes verbatim. I would have assumed that these components would have been installed automatically. Oh well, so much for assuming.

What I need to get is a manual on installing and configuring the JAS Server (E1 HTML Server) via Server Manager, or whatever.

Any help is appreciated.

In the Server Manager Guide there should be a section on registering an IBM WebSphere Application Server in Server Manager.

Ok, I found the processes I was missing. Installation is progressing (fingers crossed).

Thanks.

Just a guess, but was it the part about needing some pieces from WebSphere 6.1, because you're on WebSphere 6.0?

After installing the new Server Manager it was generating errors about some missing JAR files. I got them from the old server, and then it had issues with the J2EE driver. Once I found the configuration pages, it all came together and is now up and running. I looked everywhere for how to associate those MSSQL J2EE drivers and could not find it anywhere.

I do have 1 more question though: how do I increase maximum memory allocated to the JAS instance? I thought it was through the WEBSPHERE administration console, but once again I do not do this on a daily (or even yearly) basis and cannot remember where it is.

Why yes, yes it was!!! For the life of me I couldn't find that doc in the JDE Jungle.

Back