P4021 - Branch Plant = "*" (wildcard)

Drummer

P4021 - Branch Plant = \"*\" (wildcard)

Hi there,
Simple question....
In the P4021 I want to be able to enter a * (wildcard) in the Branch/Plant field to return results from all BP's (presently get the default error!!) How do I do it............Awwwwwwwwwwww.
I have been trying for ages using the event rules for the form etc etc etc............. but still get the error saying the branch cannot be found.
Has anyone successfully made this work?
Thanks in advance

Re: P4021 - Branch Plant = \"*\" (wildcard)

This can not be Blank or * as, it search the records on the basis of Branch Plant value ( which should be valid)

This is how the business function is desiged.

I have never seen the ability to search Supply Demand Inquiry by B/P.

Hi there,
Thanks for your response.
I really need this change..
Looking at the P41206 this can be acheived using a "*" in the Branch/Plant field so surely this can be done in the P4021?
I really would appreciate any ideas?
Kind regards
confused.gif

Hi Terry,
Our users use this screen to check stock. Our user will enter the 'Item Number' and then pich a branch plant to search. The only problem is that we have about 30 BranchPlants set up so to check that we have the item in stock the user has to enter all the branch plants individually - hence why we want to be able to enter a "*" to search all Branch Plants.

drummer,

no - just because P4021 can do this doesn't mean Shirley can do it in P4021.

P4021 is in a small subset of applications that does not use standard functionality to retrieve data and populate the grid. Rather a set of BSFNs ('C' code) is used to query the database and populate the grid. In effect its "hard-coded" as to what it can do. Changing the programs to do what you want is possible but requires some coding skill at the BSFN level.

I trust this answers your question.

Drummer...I realize what you are asking for and I must share my functional viewpoint whereas I may have only been a Business Systems Analyst for ten years, my functional expertise is built on over three decades as a Buyer/Planner. I see your problem matches a smiliar problem here in my present company in that Supply Demand Inquiry is misused as the all encompassing inquiry tool for Buyers and Planners. If you want an accurate picture of inventory availablity across multiple branch plants...Supply Demand Inquiry is not the answer...Summary Availability is the best resource and also provides existing commitment numbers as well across all branch plants on one screen. Modifying code is not the answer. That Shirley can surely come back to bite you.

Another useful tool in working with availablity across thirty branch plants would be to possibly consider implementing and configuring intercompany ordering to handle the cross branch plant comittments.

Back