Direct Migration from JDE World A7.3 to JDE E1 9.0

Mountain_Dave

List,

We're having an issue, it's one month after our first data conversion from World A73 to E1 9.0 and to quote one of our consultant/developers "it appears that the Promises file in World (F01131) was not converted into the E1 Activity file (F03B31)".

I've found documentation supporting this conversion path from Oracle, stating the P03B31QD is what converts the F01131 in world to the F03B31 in E1. But what I can't find is how to run it. I'll gladly run this conversion tool if I can just figure it out, it's got me stumped. Has anyone had this crop up before?

Also, I've found the P03B31QD program in our JDFOBJ73 and A73PC000Y2 libraries on the as400 as an RPGLE. But I don't find it on any of the conversion menu options, nor is it in any of the direct migration documentation I have. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, all I can offer is sympathy. We too ran into this during a migration of World A7.3 Financials to E1 9.0. We did not find a solution, and they wound up writing a table conversion to handle it.

I've done a lot of these conversions........... about 7 on 8.12/9.0 alone.

I'll send you more info on what you need to know via email.

You might want to consider some assistance for thi type of conversion from someone who's done it before. I do see a lot of these go bad and a little bit of consulting can actually save you lots of time and money.

I also did presentation on this at OpenWorld a few years ago.

Colin

Thanks for the feedback and info guys, much appreciated. I'll post whatever we end up doing here.

Net change 8.12 to 9.0 JD Edwards

Please provide a net change document on JD Edwards 8.12 to 9.0 for Functional D&L,Finance and Manufacturing Modules

So it was on the migration menus after all, under "Financials Conversions/AR Conversions Menu/Convert Promises to Actv. Log". Here's the solution from Oracle, which appears to have worked:

You need to have the data selection set as follows, and check to see what the processing option is set for to see where the data is going for the activity type (the default is 30):

98302 Data Selection Form ID. . . . P03B31QD
Version. . . . NS0001
Convert Promises to Activity Log
I Explanation . . Selection . .
N Rel. Value
Y Mail Box Designator . . . . . . . . . . EQ 99
Seq: 025 And/Or: A Name: ZZMBDS Optional: Y BU Edit: N Allow *ALL: Y

One last blurb from Oracle regarding moving the populated F03B31 into the E1 tables after the P03B31QD does it's thing:

"The conversion populates the F03B31 and the F00165 on the World side. I don't know of any table conversion to carry the data over to E1 for the F03B31, but the F00165 is mentioned in the migration document for A73 to E1 9.0 conversion.
If you have data in the F03B31 after running the conversion then you are good. Nothing else should be needed."

I ended up just doing a copy file on the F03B31 from the as400 world library into the e1 library. I then had the data validated by the consultant who brought this issue up originally. It looked good, so this is going to be the process moving forward with the remaining data migrations until this project goes live next spring. Hope this helps someone else in the future!

Back