Help - Error while building Full package !

RaghuBabu

Hi,
We tried to build a full package in production environment and package build was successful on ENT1 server but NOT on LOGIC server. JDE.log file says all objects are NOT checked IN and cannot be built. We did NOT check out those objects and wondering, why it would fail only on LOGIC Server.
We successfully built full packages couple of months ago on both ENT1 and LOGIC server (DV, PY & PD).
Any help would be greatly appreciated and I have attached the log file for your reference.

EDIT - I have also attached the pdf output of Package Build.

Thank you.
Raghu

XE, NT, SQL2000

Attachments

• 163434-JDE_FullPackageBuild.txt
    243.4 KB · Views: 345
The log indicates communication errors between your machine and the Enterprise Server.

Are you able connect to LOGIC server.? Are the JDE services running on this server.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the JDE services are running on LOGIC server and Users are able to launch UBEs.

Attached PDF output of package build report

Thank you
Raghu
XE, NT, SQL2000

Attachments

• 163441-JDE_FullPackageBuildError.pdf
    213.1 KB · Views: 90
Ok it then appears that there was some sort of communication failure during the build of the package on LOGIC server , as you can see from the PDF some of the spec files are still in processing , some of the DLL's were successful.

Have you checked the SvrBuildLog file on the LOGIC enterprise sever.

Does this server have sufficient free space...?

If all looks good it was likely a communication failure at that point in time , in which case I would just bounce the services and resubmit the full package for that server alone

It may be space problem. LOGIC server had only 68MB free space available. We cleared some of the old files in PRINTQUE folder and will try again building full package in the weekend. Hope, thats the issue.

Thank you very much.

Yes you definitely want to have more than 68MB free when doing a full package build. Not sure if this was just the C drive or the drive where you have JDE installed or if they are the same

A full Package on a Wintel box occupies about 2.5 GB (Xe , ERP 8.0) , so make sure you have at least 3 GB free on your JDE drive and 1 GB on your C drive.

Bounce your services before submitting the package (reboot the box it self if possible) in case you did have other communication issues.

Good Luck...

I would also cleanup some of your older packages as well. You don't want to be bumping up against space constraints on your servers. Do you have an automated process to cleanup or archive old printqueue files?

Back