Call to Master BSFNs

vaibhav

I have a fix inspect form that gets closed on clicking OK button . The form property is NOT set to end form on add.I am on 8.12.

The user wants to have all the functionalities of OK button without exiting the application. That means the values on the fields should get saved to the database but the form should not exit. So we have created a new custom 'Save' button that does almost same functions that the Ok button is doing but keeps the form open even after add/update.
Now there is Edit line and End Doc BSFN are written on the button clicked and post button clicked of OK button respectively. The same code is now written on 'Save' button , the same way.
So now if someone click Save button followed by OK button the applications doesnt properly saves the data . Is there any better way to achieve this?

Vaibhav,
Its better to educate your user with the limitations and risk involved in the approach and live with the existing application. However if there is no way i think its better to disable the OK button once the use saves the data or you can code it that way.

Chan

[ QUOTE ]
I have a fix inspect form that gets closed on clicking OK button . The form property is NOT set to end form on add.I am on 8.12.

The user wants to have all the functionalities of OK button without exiting the application. That means the values on the fields should get saved to the database but the form should not exit. So we have created a new custom 'Save' button that does almost same functions that the Ok button is doing but keeps the form open even after add/update.
Now there is Edit line and End Doc BSFN are written on the button clicked and post button clicked of OK button respectively. The same code is now written on 'Save' button , the same way.
So now if someone click Save button followed by OK button the applications doesnt properly saves the data . Is there any better way to achieve this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be very careful as you might leave the database connections open from application if not closed properly. If the application gets launched frequently under the conditions you describe, you could consume all available connections.

Back