Date defaults

Yes Adeel. You NEED to download the DateUtility, and update a couple of tables. There are many records expiring on Dec 31, 2010. See attached.

Attachments

• 163304-ITG-MOC-2010-0231.png
    163304-ITG-MOC-2010-0231.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 145
First, check your CENTCHG DD item. If it's already at 40, then you don't have to worry about it. If it's 15 (as it is at some installations), then you have 5 years to get it done.

Otherwise, be prepared for entries to year 2011 to become 1911 instead. Only you can say if that is critical to your site or not.

Oh my!
tongue.gif

Log into a fat client. Type DD in the Fast Path to bring up the Data Dictionary menu. Choose "Work with Data Dictionary Items." Type CENTCHG into the Alias field of the QBE line. Select the result. Go to the Default Value tab.

In contradiction to the documentation, we were a new 8.12 8.96 install, and the value for us is set to 15. The document states we should have been set to 40.

Dave

Thanks and just to tell you i am not good in JDE.
I found that our date is set to 15. Should i just go and change to 40? or i have to follow the instruction to download utility etc?

Thanks
AD

Dave

We have same version as you have looks like we need to update the tool before use the dateutil. Read below.

Question 5: The customer is on Tools Release level 8.96.x. How can the customer use the Date Utility Tool?

Answer 5: The Date Utility Tool is engineered to be compatible with Tools releases 8.97.x and 8.98.x for Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne releases 8.9 through 9.0. For releases Xe and ERP 8.0, the Date Utility Tool is engineered to be compatible with Tools releases SP23 and SP24. Oracle recommends customers upgrade to a more current Tools Release level in order to utilize the Date Utility Tool

Thanks
AD

So this will be an indirect way of asking the client's to move to current TRs.

Chan

Hi Adeel,

We are actually on tools 8.98 now, but what I meant in my post was that we went live as a new install at 8.12 tools 8.96. We did not upgrade from an older release. The documentation indicates that a new 8.12 install should have the default value of 40, but that is not the case for us.

Dave

In the Applications forum, where I posted this issue previously, a few other people also noted that their default value was set at 15. In my lab setup, it's set at 40. My lab setup is at Update 3, and is current on Baseline ESUs.

My speculation is that it started at 15, and was updated to 40 by either an Update or one of the Baseline ESUs. I'm not currently in a position to do an 8.12 install right now, so I can't say for sure.

Could you post what you have taken in the way of Updates and Baseline ESUs? If we get enough responses, maybe we can figure out when the change happened.

I have an 8.0 system which has the default value for CENTCHG as 30 , and this was never changed going by the Audit stamp which dates back to 1998.

My 9.0 system has a default value of 40

We have 8.12 and 8.96 and the value is 15 which is ok as per document.

My question is that can not we just update the value to 40? if not then it is very stressful.

Thanks
AD

Yes, you should update the value. But read through the documentation again. If you have transactions such as Fixed Assets which have depreciation spread out through multiple years, it is possible that your data is already affected. How will you know unless you check? Would you prefer to wait a few years and be surprised that your data has problems?

Yes, it's stressful, but to go forward knowing that you could have stopped a potential problem at an early stage seems to me like waiting until a cancer hits stage 4 before treating it. Sorry for the harsh example, but I personally don't like cleaning up data integrity issues, no matter what the client is paying ...

It will be nice if we know which table we need to see behind to make sure that dates are good. Is there anywhere we can find the list of table which might be affected? so i can use SQL to see the dates.
Aside Fixed assest what other module might be effected?

Thanks
AD

I agree that might be nice to know, but you'll have to ask Oracle about that. All my lab servers have the recommended value, and don't have any "real" data in them, so I haven't needed to try it out.

Just wondering if we upgrade from 8.96 to 8.98, the web interface will change as well? or it will change only if we upgrade from 8.12 to 9.0? I guess with tool release upgrade the web will not change?

Thanks
AD

Oh no, not at all!
shocked.gif
There are a huge number of changes for the web client that come with upgrading the Tools Release from 8.96 to 8.98. I am doing this at the client now.

For one thing, you have the Server Manager to deal with. For another, you'll have to look at the Application Server you are using. For 8.96, you are likely using WebSphere 5 or 6, or maybe Oracle Application Server 10.1.2. None of these are supported for Tools Release 8.98. You would have to install WebSphere 6.1 or 7, OAS 10.1.3.x, or WebLogic 11g.

The look is very different. They've redone the grid drawing routines so they are much faster, and so is Excel import/export. Heck, to see what all the changes are, you'd have to search Oracle's site for the Release Value Proposition documents for 8.97, 8.98, 8.98.1, 8.98.2, and 8.98.3.

And on top of that, you have all the required ESUs to support all the new features. You have the Planner ESU, the System Admin Tools Baseline ESU, the ESU to implement BI Publisher Phase 2 ...

I hadn't meant to scare you, but if you are not that proficient with JDE yet (by your own admission), I suggest that your CNC consultant handle this one.

As part of the survey, I just checked the client that I am at now (where I am doing the Tools Release upgrade from 8.96.1.1 to 8.98.3.3), and their CENTCHG is set at 15.

They are on 8.11 SP1, have taken no cumulative Updates, and have taken only a few ESUs since go-live at New Years 2007. Those ESUs they have taken since then have mainly been the end-of-year 1099 variety, plus the ESUs I needed for the Tools Release upgrade.

Back