JDE 9.0 Platform change from AS/400 with DB2 to Windows with SQL Server

SMMM

Hi,

We are currently using JDE 9.0 on AS/400 platform with DB2/400 as database. As part of the corporate strategy, planning to migrate to windows platform with SQL Server. What is the best way to make this platform change along with data migration from DB2/400 to SQL Server.
Are there any JDE in-build tools available to migrate data from a database to database for the same JDE release? Appreciate your inputs.

SMMM

This is not a difficult transition. Pretty much everything within E1 is very easily migrated from AS/400 to SQL Server. What IS difficult is external software/third party interfaces - if you have anything developed outside of JDE that communicates to the data directly, then those need to be re-written or solutions need to be redesigned.

I can provide information on the actual migration from AS/400 to SQL Server directly if you wish - please email me privately.

Jon,

Does sort-sequence affect the migration from iSeries to the latest and greatest version of SQLServer - if all are unicode?

I just don't remember that recent...

(db)

As Paul elaborates in his whitepaper, R98403 is the clean way to move from the AS400 to SQL. Challenges you might run into include:
* Time to convert data may require some multi-threading
* Duplicates data issues based on the way the AS400 treats mixed case entries as different records and SQL does not.
* AS400 integrations and 3rd party tools.

If you search this forum you will find a lot of threads discussing this.

Feel free to contact me or Paul if you would like more assistance.

Back