Changing background color in HTML client

wloban

Well Known Member
I have changed the background color in the HTML client for the DV environment by changing the background-color tag in the webstylesheet.jsp. However when I attempt to change it for the PY envionment I get a "white out" login screen and the background does not change.

Does anyone know of what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Is it related to Fat client or actual web server ??. What version/TR?

Chan

8.12 / 8.98.04

It is related to the PY environment on the Web Server. I was able to change the background color in DV without a problem.

Just for kicks....

Grab Scooter Software's "Beyond Compare" and compare the Web Folders between your DV and PY servers? You might see that you tweaked the wrong location in PY....

Another helpful hint, brought to you by the friendly folks on JDE List....

(db)

I found it easier to change the title-banner. See attached

Attachments

• 163302-Prototype.png
    163302-Prototype.png
    96.1 KB · Views: 446
Adrian - What file needs to be modified to change the title-banner?

Thanks - Bill

We change the title banner as well for the login page and the welcome page...see attached. The file(s) to change are...
\\jasservername\e\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\dvj2ee\applications\dv81\webclient\share\images\fndsscorp.gif

\\jasservername\e\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\dvj2ee\applications\dv81\webclient\share\images\login\fndsscorp.gif

Attachments

• 163353-Screens.zip
    207.7 KB · Views: 332
I dont see any reason of no happening in PY, Unless there is difference in the level between DV & PY. You can compare the stylesheets bewteeen two environments to see if there are any differences.

Chan

On the iSeries/AS400 using Websphere 6.1 we change the title-banner.jpg in two places:

\\Server\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V61\ND\profiles\default\installedApps\[ServerName]\VH_JAS_81.ear\webclient.war\share\images
\\Server\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V61\ND\profiles\default\installedApps\[ServerName]\VH_JAS_81.ear\webclient.war\share\images\login

[ QUOTE ]
We change the title banner as well for the login page and the welcome page...see attached. The file(s) to change are...
\\jasservername\e\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\dvj2ee\applications\dv81\webclient\share\images\fndsscorp.gif

\\jasservername\e\product\10.1.3.1\OracleAS_1\j2ee\dvj2ee\applications\dv81\webclient\share\images\login\fndsscorp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The above files change the text but if you want to change the background, the file name is title-banner.jpg in the same folders.

You can find-it by yourself - just right click on it and select the "Save Picture As ..", and yes, it is title-banner.jpg (attached) you can find in the folder:
<font color="brown"> ~ </font> <font color="red"> \HTML_TORJDE05_8092_PY812.ear\webclient.war\share\images </font>
where "~" was previously described.
My web server has it on the G drive:
G:\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\AppSrv01\installedApps\torjde05Cell01\ <font color="red"> HTML_TORJDE05_8092_PY812.ear </font>

Attachments

• 163462-title-banner.jpg
    163462-title-banner.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 152
Back