JDE 8.10 standalone instllation, username & password?

RPravin

Hi guys,

I have installed JD Edward 8.10 standalone Demo on my desktop. And when I am trying to log in, it asks user name and password, after providing username 'DEMO' and password 'DEMO' again it asks database username & password.

I do remember there is some settings in the ini file. Can anybody tell me steps to follow.

Thanks in advance

Pravin

Something didn't go right with your install. The second password screen you are seeing is the login credentials to the system data source which for demo is probably a SQL database.

I installed the 9.0 with 8.98 Standalone and this worked using the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver 1.2 (sqljdbc_1.2.2828.100_enu.exe from MS website). Are you using SSE for the Local Database?

Also, do the logs indicate any errors?

On the 8.10 install -
- how long do you wait, after the logon screen appears? There used to be an issue with the Services not popping up before you try to login.

On the 8.12 install -
- which REV (revision) of the Install Docs are you using? Look for REV3 and follow it explicitly!
- I have always had issues with the 8.12 SQL install - install it on a clean VMWARE Virtual XP for the least number of issues!

(db)

Back