System Value QPFRADJ

Dale Brewster

Curious to know if anyone has had issues with JDE by changing the system value QPFRADR to automatically adjust the iSeries performance for JDE.

IBM says it should not matter but wanted CNC opinion before making this change. Our iSeries is database/application only for JDE 8.11 SP1 Tools 8.98 1.2 All JAS on Intel servers.

QPFRADJ is complicated and it is wholly dependent on your unique configuration whether it should be a 2 or 3. If your iSeries is relatively simplistic with a modest sized E1 implementation only, you might be satisfied with 2 or 3 as the setting. Normally, a iSeries professional who has reviewed your system and performance will provide an accurate answer.

Dale,

I just came on the board for the first time in a while. Do you have any performance problems now that you feel will be solved by change the QPFRADJ sysval?

Have you run any performance analysis tools to see what may be causing performance issues? Usually, I find that QPFRADJ will only help if you storage pools are tuned for a batch work load and you are having interactive issues (or vice-versa). More often than not, performance issues are I-O related more so than main storage (ie. DASD units unbalanced, not enough DASD arms, etc.). Of course, if you have limited main storage and this forces swapping, changing this value may help a little but the bucket can only hold so much crap.

Back