Spreadsheet Server Excel Add-On

bdriscoll

Hey Everyone,

My company recently came accross a software package by Global Software called Spreadsheet Server. The software is an excel add-on that allows users to pull data from JDE into excel in realtime and manipulate the data using excel functions. The software also has drilldown capability within excel.

Wondering if anybody else has used this software and if so, what your opinion is of the software?

Any comments would be appreciated!

Regards,
Brad

Hi Brad,
What's nice about Spreadsheet Server & similar tools is that users are already familiar with Excel. Our accounting staff find it useful. We got it when one could only query the F0902 & F0911, I believe. I don't know what additional modules' files are now included. Debi

I believe that is correct.

A competing product from InsightSoftware has modules seemingly corresponding to those of JDE.

Sorry about that.

Spreadsheet Server is not limited to 901 and 902 files. It can also be used to pull data into Excel from Fixed Assets (similar formula to the GXA) and the Sales Files (current or history) via the GXSALES formula. In addition to basic journals, you can also drill-down to the subsystems (AR IN and AP). It's a great product with a lot of other features.

Back