AS400 v5.8 - Print PO's to PDF

kacain

AS400 v5.8 - Print PO\'s to PDF

All, I apologize for not being JDE Savvy...I have learned what I do thru baptism by fire. I have gone back to my administrator a few times asking him what it would take to print my Purchase Order to a pdf. He says I'll need to purchase software, which is fine, but unfortunately he's not been able to get me a quote yet. IF I knew what we needed to procure, I would go get it. Does anyone out there know what it is I need to be able to have this functionality? Thank you so much!

Re: AS400 v5.8 - Print PO\'s to PDF

What version of JDE are you running? What is the version of OS/400 that is currently installed? If your at the correct release level of the operating system then Infoprint Server can be set up to generate PDF's from spool files. I believe that newer versions of OS/400 (V6.1 and later) can do this natively without purchasing Infoprint Server...

Terry

This really depends on if you want to be fancy and also if you want to do your po's one at a time. For an easy, free option where you will need to do one po at a time go here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/imageprinter/

This free software gives you the option to print to pdf. You will need to go to your iseries navigator printer output and click and drag the spool file to your desk top and then you can open it and say print to your image printer. It will create a pdf for you.

If you want something prettier you probably will need to invest in software like Createform, Quadrant, etc.

For a real low-tech option, for low volume printing.... You can use MS Word to create a "form" or an "overlay". This is a blank form, just like we used to use and call a pre-printed form in the old days. Next, take the Word document and print it as a pdf. open the .pdf and print it out to your laser printer, you have a hard copy. You'll use trial and error, feed the hard copy into your laser printer and print the PO out of the system so that the hard copy and the JDE data are merged together. You will need to move things around in word to manipulate the resulting pdf print image to get it to line up with the JDE output. There will be difference in alignment between the Word printed form and the .pdf printed form. Use the pdf, direct printing out of Word is not how the hard copy will be produced. Once you have it all lined up, distribute the .pdf to the users and you're off and running.

Good Luck.

Stan

There is a free utility to convert a spool file into a PDF file (it also converts to TXT or HTML). It was written a long time ago and was available in the News/400 (or whatever it is called now) magazine. Doa search for CVTSPLPDF on their site for it.

I will not insert graphics so if you are looking for logos and such it will not do it. If the spool file has the formatting you are looking for, it will do the job.

There is also Spltool from BVSTools that does a nice job, no logos though.

Back