E1 doesn't start after Mimix switch

powellvj

powellvj

E1 doesn\'t start after Mimix switch

We did a switch test to our HA system. The iSeries switched but when we ran the Clear IPC we got this error:

Call to mmap failed for the file /E812SYS/locale/xml/icudt32e.dat, ERROR # 3440 :Operation not supported.

Is anyone running Mimix HA lite and has done a switch test? Has anyone seen this error? We have contacted Oracle who said to stop journalling the .dat file. We tried that with no success. We tried the PortTest also and it failed.

We are on E1 8.12 with tools release 8.98.2.3 and OS/400 V5R4. We built the HA system by running option 21 on go save and restoring everything.

Any assistance, insight or direction would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching the JDE log in MS Word format.

Re: E1 doesn\'t start after Mimix switch

powellvj,

Please double-check that the icudt32e.dat file is NOT included in any journal at all. That is the root cause of the error. Secondly, always make sure to clear (delete) SQL packages when performing a role-swap.

-Ethan

Thank you for posting. I found the journalling and turned that off. When you are refering to the SQL packages, are you refering to both the source and target systems or only the target system before you start E1? Also, do you know if I need to do anything for the JAS servers to connect to the target system once the switch has been made? We are using DNS impersonation.

I am referring to the target for clearing SQL Packages, including the QZDAPKG which requires an IPL (862661.1). For the JAS servers, as long as you are using names everywhere and the DNS reflects the swap, you should be ok.

Thank you very much
grin.gif

Make sure that this .dat file is specifically excluded in your Mimix setup. There is a document on the Oracle site about this. We manually copy this file over to our HA box whenever we do a Tools Release upgrade.

As an added test, after you perform your switch, try running the clear IPC with Mimix shut down and Mimix up and running. If you get the error with Mimix running and don't get the error with Mimix shut down this will tell you that Mimix is trying to mirror the file. JDE needs an exclusive lock on this file which is why it can't be access by anything else.

Thank you for your input. I have consulted with our Mimix rep and she has excluded the .dat. We can now run the clear IPC with no issues, however, we are having issues getting the start agent for Server Manager to work. I believe there are some configs we have missed.

Back