CreateForm version 2.7 and 2.8 and V6R1

ssolberg

VIP Member
I was informed some time ago that version 2.7 (JDE World version) is NOT compatible with V6R1 and that you must upgrade to 2.8. I'm also told that version 2.8 is NOT compatible with V5R4 so I can't upgrade versions now.

Ok.... so it sounds like we have to hurry up and upgrade to version 2.8 AS SOON AS we go to V6R1? I can't find any good info from Bottomline as to what is required in the upgrade. Is it really "simple". Do I have to touch any of my forms as well? I don't think there is any change to Designer and that it is only the iSeries "server engine" side of things.

Can anyone point me in a direction if any of you know about this upgrade?

From what I remember the upgrade to v2.8 is limited to the AS/400 only. Has BT sent you the v2.8 update? If yes, are there any release notes/instructions in it? If no, call BT support to get the info you need. I think that's the only way you'll find the document you need.

Karen.

Here's the deal:

2.7 will work on V5R4 but not on V6R1

You must upgrade to V6R1 first, then upgrade to 2.8

Which means 2.7 will be present on the V6R1 machine (but not working) then upgrade
to 2.8
- If its the same AS400, then its very timely
- If its a different box, no problem, run them both at the same time.

No form changes are required.

Pretty simple process, I've done it many times.

See attached for notes.

Mark

Attachments

• 160510-Cform 2.8 tech notes.zip
    542.4 KB · Views: 126
Karen - I have requested the upgrade and should be coming soon.

Mark - Thanks tons for the info, looks like a "simple" upgrade based on what I've read.

Upgrades will all be on same hardware. Likely being doing first of 4 in next couple months.

Ok, I lied. We never did do this upgrade for a variety of reasons but now it has come up again. Looks like we may have to actually do it. I've lost the 2.8 install from BT so have to ask them for it again. I also read the docs Mark provided and although it does look pretty "straight forward", I'm looking to the general public to see if anyone has actually done this and did it go as planned? We are staying on same hardware so have to do the update AFTER box is upgraded so I guess we just cross our fingers and hope for the best?

Also we are now going to V7R1. Does this cause any issues?

Back