CRTOUTQ manufacture and model not listed

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
Three new Toshiba all-in-ones have been added to our network.
I'm trying to add them to the AS/400 for JDE reports.

CRTOUTQ doesn't list any toshiba devices for the MFRTYPMDL parm.
Are any of the types/models listed "generic"?

Please and Thanks
Gene

We have a similar printer. It's a Toshiba eStudio 810. We have the outq configured as a *HP4000 and it works fine.

Gene

Using *HP4000 didn't (seem to) work.
The spooled files went SOMEWHERE, but not to the printer at the specified IP addr.

The vendor provided me w/a cd/dvd that include a workstation customization object.

Only problem is I can't figure out what my cd/dvd reader is named!

It's NOT TAP01, DKT01, or OPT01 although OPT01 sounded promising.
When I try to display OPT01 I'm told it can't find the device.
In DSPHDWRSC, OPT01 shows as a 6337-002 Optical Storage unit.
It also shows as varied on.

Is my cd/dvd OPT01?
If not, where do I find the name of the cd/dvd reader?
If so, what am I doing that I can't see OPT01?

Please and Thanks
Gene

If you have Operations Navigator installed, try accessing the CD/DVD via File Systems, Integrated File Systems, QOPT.

Terry

If the report did print somewhere else could be you have the wrong IP address for your Toshiba. Have you tried other manufacturer types/models like *HP5000? Can you put the workstation customization object on your PC and then FTP it to the AS/400? I assume the Toshiba object you created on your AS/400 is a remote output queue? Have you tried creating a printer device?

Gene

Re: OPT01

Gene,
We have a different optical dev model that was auto-cfged, but for me "wrkcfgsts *devd opt01" shows ACTIVE, not VARIED ON. Then, "dspdevd opt01" shows parm RSRCNAME as OPT01. Could your hdw rsc name be associated with another devd?
Debi

On the IBM support web site, search technical databases, this is a secured search, you may need to register. www.as400.ibm.com. Next, search for Toshiba in the PRINT section and there is a document that covers the models of Toshiba printers that are supported and how to configure them to work with your iSeries.

Good Luck.

Stan

Back