server localhost could not be contacted

wgrantusa

Well Known Member
Everything was working fine until about 30 minutes ago when users weren't getting their reports through Formscape. I rebooted the server but it is still not working correctly. When I go to open a project, I am getting this error: "The servr localhost could not be contacted" What is going on? We are on 2.4.2, we are currently working on upgrading very soon (before Septemeber)

Check the log file, check the licence manager, if nothing works, re-instal Formscape software, Formscape is usually very stable, if there is problems, it will correct itself upon re-booting the software. If there is a licence crashed, you will need to make sure there is only 1 licence in the LAN, cos Formscape will continue broadcasting thru the LAN

Hi

Before Reinstalling, verify that formscape services are running, and if running try to stop then and start then again

also check if you have the network active in the server, try to ping yourself and other servers in the network

at last check if you have firewall active, try to test with firewall stopped, if works then active it again and check.

HTH

Back