Formating in Create!Form

AvaD

I am pretty new to CF and would like to format my form to alternate the color on the form so that it is easier to read. To be more specific I need to offset the lines using a different color in the background. Do not know if this is possible and if it is how would I go about accomplishing that.

thanks
Ava

Hello, the newest version of Create!form is named Transform, if you are looking at upgrading to Transform, then Transform can do what you are asking for. Not sure if your version of Create!form can do that.Cheers

Its pretty easy to do, basically they are box objects, one underneath the other, where every other one is filled in with the desired color, usually Gray

If your running Cform 3.2
- Enable Snap to Rulers: View > Preferences > Design window
- Create a box with a height of 10 or 12 points (double click the box & see the Y values for this)
- This is usually done on the Project Background section
- Copy & paste the box, it will paste a copy of the box on top of the original box
- Move the copied box down (using either the arrow keys (tap on the downward arrow key 10 or 12 times), mouse, or the move tool (Ctrl+M)) down to be directly under the original.
- Do this until you have the desired number of box's
- Hold down the Shift Key & select every other box
- Edit > Properties (or Alt+R) will take you into the properties of the selected box's
- Choose the color to fill them in with
- Your detail section will then have to have the same height, either 10 or 12, this will ensure each line resides in each box

If your running 6.4
- Enable Snap to Rulers: Tools > Preferences > click on Design on the left, you'll see the option on the right.
- same thing except copy & paste does not paste the box on top of the original, it will offset it.
- Use either the arrow keys or the mouse to move it directly under the original.

If your running 2.7
- Enable Snap to Rulers: Tools > Preferences > you'll see the option on the design tab
- same thing as 3.2, box's will copy & paste on top of each other.
- Your variables that are used for the detail area have to have line spacing set to 10 or 12, this will ensure each line resides in each box

Mark

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Still on CF and not likely to upgrade to Transform

Back